Keweenaw Brewing Company has quickly claimed its spot as my favorite Michigan beer. In fact, if Keweenaw is available, I’ll never buy another beer as long as I live. Here are ten reasons why:
- Microbrew in a can - It’s novel, it’s old-school, beer koozies.
- Keweenaw overfills the can ever so slightly, so when you pop the top there is a beautiful splashing sound and a slight foam spray. Nothing could feel more summer – makes me want to open the hood of an old muscle car and get bombed in the driveway.
- Fancy, overeducated pricks love Keweenaw, because it’s technically a microbrew. Never host a book club and feel ashamed of your beer.
- Dads love Keweenaw because it’s good, but it’s still a lawnmower beer. You’ll never hear, “Give me a Budweiser, instead,” but you will hear “Give me another.”
- Whatever the temperature, take one-third that number – now you know how many Keweenaw’s you can drink in one day.
- The names and graphics are priceless. Pick Axe Blonde Ale = St. Pauli’s Girl with a weapon – do not mess with this beer.
- Keweenaw’s motto: “The Keweenaw Brewing Company, located in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, was founded with the goal of turning beer drinkers into craft beer lovers.” – plagiarized from Jesus.
- Lift Bridge Brown Ale is the best brown beer in the United States, hands down. How should brown beer taste? Easy.
- The Upper Peninsula – Say ya to da U.P., eh!
- Affordable. Bless your heart, Keweenaw.
I’ll see you this summer, Keweenaw, but know, you’re always in my heart (belly).