1. WMU alumnus Greg Jennings stole the show with two touchdown catches. And Jennings knows the “Hilltoppers” fight song [video and song].
2. U-M alumnus Charles Woodson won a Super Bowl ring. Woodson is surely the most exciting defensive player I’ve ever watched at the college level. He also appears to be a stand-up guy. The 1997 Heisman Trophy winner recently donated $2 million to Mott Children’s Hospital in Ann Arbor.
3. Four CMU alumni played in the Super Bowl - Green Bay’s Josh Gordy, Cullen Jenkins, and Frank Zombo, and Pittsburgh’s Antonio Brown. The Chippewa’s had more representatives than any other college in the country. Huh?
4. The Packers won. And since our upper half (and maybe our better half) cheers for the Pack, there’s reason to smile. Congratulations Yoopers. Enjoy it while it lasts, because Suh is coming for you very soon.
5. What can I say about the Chrysler Super Bowl ad that hasn’t already been said? Just seems my blog would be somehow naked without it: