Voting is now open for the Prima Civitas Foundation’s I Love Michigan Video Contest. If you aren’t familiar with the contest or PCF, here’s an introduction video, and here’s the top ten videos and voting. I don’t want to sway anyone’s vote - and all the entries are fantastic - but this is my personal favorite:
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Before the New York Yankees Derek Jeter was a two-sport athlete at Kalamazoo Central. He followed the natural progression from "Winterfest C...
One of the most popular and enjoyable Michigan blog posts I’ve read is Detroit Moxie’s “ 40 Things to Do in Detroit Before You’re Dead .” Th...
Northern Michigan, bottled Can you taste the Petoskey Stones? I’d like to think so. Petoskey Pale Ale is aged in French oak vats with r...
Training started months ago. During winter, racers can be spotted on the AuSable River, paddling first against the current, then back downst...
Check out this fantastic old travelogue video on our pleasant peninsulas. I lifted this footage from Absolute Michigan , one of my favorite ...
- ► September (4)
- Derek Jeter's High School Yearbook Photos
- Former Michigan Supreme Court Justice John Voelker...
- Herman Melville on the Great Lakes
- Discover Downtown Detroit
- Battle of Wheats: Bell’s Oberon vs. Arcadia’s Whit...
- Watch the short film "The ArtPrize Effect"
- Young entrepreneur turns lemonade stand into thriv...
- ► July (5)
- Today's Michigan Fact: Grayling
- Say what you will about Leyland...
- The Full Spectrum: Herman Miller
- Cocktail Recipe for Hatter Royale Hopquila
- I Love Living in Michigan
- The Bird and the Big Bird
- Link Roundup: The Internet Smiles on Michigan
- Jim Northrup: Michigan From Start to Finish
- Photo Tour of Short's Brewing
- ► May (7)
- ► April (7)
- Beer Review: Charkoota Rye by New Holland Brewing
- Always 1976: A Rock ‘n’ Roll Tribute to Mark Fidry...
- A Baseball Fan's Unrequited Love: Tigers, Internet...
- Surfing Lake Superior in a Blizzard
- Pig is Good, Grange is Good, Absinthe is Dangerous...
- Michigan Rocks, Bleeds
- Literary Events in West Michigan
- Waking to Snow
- Palazzo di Bocce: 13 Observations
- Eat Pączki, Re-Post Pączki Video
- Je t'aime, Detroit Crêpes
- Winter Beer Festival Advice
- 100 Years of Winter Roads in Michigan
- Frita Batidos Redefines the Burger
- Taste Michigan in Leelanau Brewing’s Petoskey Pale...
- Vote in the "I Love Michigan" Video Contest
- Communing with Hemingway
- Robocop Roundup, Facts Mostly
- 5 Reasons Michigan Loved the Super Bowl
- Brewer Bio: Charles Psenka, Leelanau Brewing Compa...
- ► 2010 (54)