Tuesday, June 5, 2012
5 Reasons to Love Mercury Burger & Bar in Corktown
1. Mercury cooks in lard. You know what tastes fantastic? Burgers cooked in lard.
2. Poutine French fries, smothered in gravy and cheese curd — French-Canada’s one great contribution to the world.
3. Milkshakes and Boston Coolers made “adult-style” bring all the drunks to the yard, plus plenty of Michigan beer on tap.
4. Additional burger items include fried egg, bologna and gravy. I went with the Flint Burger (green olives and cheddar cheese) and upgraded with an egg and bologna. Lots of salty goodness.
5. If location is everything, Mercury has it all — on the hottest corner in Corktown, with a view of Michigan Central Station.
I’m over ranking burgers, but I will say Mercury Burger & Bar is right up there with other Detroit classics like Miller’s Bar, Redcoat Tavern and Hunter House.