Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Friday, June 15, 2012
WaterWalk the Movie: The true story of a father and son attempting the 1,000 mile canoe trip that Marquette and Joliet did 340 years ago. Premiering across the country, April 2012.
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
1. Mercury cooks in lard. You know what tastes fantastic? Burgers cooked in lard.
2. Poutine French fries, smothered in gravy and cheese curd — French-Canada’s one great contribution to the world.
3. Milkshakes and Boston Coolers made “adult-style” bring all the drunks to the yard, plus plenty of Michigan beer on tap.
4. Additional burger items include fried egg, bologna and gravy. I went with the Flint Burger (green olives and cheddar cheese) and upgraded with an egg and bologna. Lots of salty goodness.
5. If location is everything, Mercury has it all — on the hottest corner in Corktown, with a view of Michigan Central Station.
I’m over ranking burgers, but I will say Mercury Burger & Bar is right up there with other Detroit classics like Miller’s Bar, Redcoat Tavern and Hunter House.
Monday, June 4, 2012
If you're into all the great beer on the west side of the state and in northern Michigan, don't miss out on the microbreweries of Detroit. It's time for a road-trip to the east side. Check out my favorite 10 Motor City beers at the Visit Detroit Blog. Looks like we're getting some heated feedback on the choices. I just went with the breweries that I've visited personally, but I see now that I have some more bar-hopping to do.